Advance Auto Parts Car Batteries
This, of course, is why your baby’s battery needs to be in great condition at all times. Advance Auto Parts is here to help you do just that.
Advance Auto Parts offers several types of car batteries in Albany:
- Automotive batteries
- Electronics batteries
- Farm and truck batteries
- Lawn and garden batteries
- Marine batteries
- Motorcycle and ATV batteries
- Powersport batteries
And the brands we offer include:
- GS Battery
- Moto Trend
Plus, we offer components, tools, and anything else you need to keep your car battery in Albany healthy.
When Do You Need a New Car Battery?
Often, a sign that your battery needs to be replaced is the big whammy: your car won’t start. But other problems in your electrical system could be to blame, so it’s a good idea to use a battery tester to see what the problem is first.
Generally, car batteries last about 4 years. They could last longer or shorter than that, depending on many factors (more on that in a bit).
How to Make Your Car Battery Last Longer
Like most other car parts, batteries won’t last forever, but you can extend their use with some healthy habits.
- Check your battery every time you change your oil. A simple electrical test can determine the overall condition of your battery.
- Contrary to what you might think, using your battery more often helps it to last longer. Consistently short trips and long periods of inactivity decrease your battery’s life. That’s good enough reason for us to take regular cruises and road trips!
- Do your best to avoid extreme temperatures. If you live in a place that gets very cold and you won’t be driving for a while, remove your battery and keep it somewhere a little warmer. Your battery also dislikes extreme heat. You can’t control the weather, but you can park your car in the garage and in shady areas during the summer—and, as mentioned, don’t let your battery hibernate for too long.
- Keep the posts clean. One way is to make a paste with baking soda and water, dab it on the terminals, and then wait about 45 minutes. Scrub them with a toothbrush and then wipe them clean with a damp rag.
- Be mindful of your electricity use. Just like in your home, leaving your car’s light, stereo, or other electrical elements on will drain the energy. Accidentally leave the light on overnight and you’ll need to get a new car battery at your local Albany Advance Auto Parts come morning!
Always Recycle Car Batteries in Albany
When you replace your car battery, please do us all a favor—recycle the old one! Batteries have high lead content, along with other chemicals that are dangerous when leached into the ground and air in a landfill. But 60% of the world’s lead comes from recycled car batteries, and many new batteries are made from the recycled ones. Since batteries are one of the most recycled of all recyclable items, let’s keep it up and take responsibility for the Earth.
We're Here to Help
Even the best-kept car batteries need to be replaced eventually. We’re right here in Albany to help when that time comes. Whether you just need some parts or some how-to help, we have over 3,500 stores and 51,000 team members to assist you whenever you need it. After all, we’ve been there for the car enthusiasts from veteran to novice for 78 years, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon.
Advance Auto Parts - 5161
485 Delaware Avenue
Albany, NY 12209
- Air, Fuel, Emission & Exhaust
- Engines & Ignition
- Accessories Body & Wipers
- Tools, Shop & Garage
- Batteries, Electrical & Wiring
- Transmission & Drivetrain
- Brakes, Steering & Suspension
- Replacement Parts
- Cooling & Heating
- Video Gallery
- Electronics & Navigation